Wednesday, October 20, 2010

News in Brief: Oct 20

Hello all, it's been a week and I never want to go a week without an entry so I just want to put together a quick post.

Since getting my residence permit, Marlene and I both registered with the authorities a second residence for our apartment in Vienna. That was a relief because it felt dishonest to be registered in Neusiedl am See since we don't actually live there. That also meant I could go register as officially unemployed at my Viennese district's employment office. I'm not entitled to receive any unemployment money but they're supposed to be search for jobs and offer different classes. I'll need to look more into what types of classes I could take from them.

Over the weekend with the FC Adrenalin reserves we played against a team of all Mexicans so that reminded me of home. We also won 6-0 so it was a fun game. Earlier in that same day I played the second half for the first team but that was disappointing as soon after I subbed in, one of our central defenders got a red card and we struggled badly. We ended up losing 1-4.

It's getting to be pretty cold here and often overcast. We actually turned on the heat in our apartment last week and we broke open the winter blankets for the bed.

Next week is the last week of my German course and it's doubtful I'll sign up for another month, unless the unemployment office would offer to pay for it, which would be a possibility. We talked about it a bit in my class today because another student has already been working with the unemployment office for a few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. gravy train? i'm not sure what you mean t-bone. please give me more details.

    ReplyDelete