Thursday, October 7, 2010

Back to Back Blogs, Wow!

I had some trouble sleeping last night and happened to wake up at a quarter to 6 am and remembered the Twins-Yankees game and thought I'd check the score. (Un)Luckily the game wasn't over yet, so I watched from the bottom of the 8th inning to the end and fumed over the loss like all other Minnesotans. Tonight I'll try to watch the entire second game of the series since it starts at midnight my time and I don't have any class tomorrow morning. If we lose that one, the series goes back to New York and there's no point in watching because there's no way we can win.

Tomorrow night I'll join a number of my FC Adrenalin teammates and go to an Austria national team soccer game. It's somewhat important in that it's a qualifying match for the 2012 European Championships, which is the second most important soccer tournament, after the World Cup of course. The game is against Azerbaijan and I would be expecting Austria to win. Because our team falls under the umbrella organization of the Austrian Soccer Federation, there was some crazy deal on tickets and it's only 1 Euro per person. I hope we get similar deals next year when we get to play against some better teams like Germany and Turkey. Both of those matches will be very exciting as Germany has got to be our biggest rival and the largest immigrant group in Vienna are Turks. I've already suggested that my bro Turner come visit next June when we play Germany so we can go to the match together, I hope he accepts the offer!

Finally, I think my residence permit is all approved. I've got one last appointment at the immigration office in Neusiedl am See for Monday morning and I think they'll be giving it to me then. That should also entitle me to work legally. I've been applying online for a few jobs per day recently, hopefully one of them will work out.

3 comments:

  1. actually, if i'm not completely mistaken then the biggest groups of immigrants in austria comes from germany :) but i'm not sure if that's also true for vienna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.statistik.at/web_de/statistiken/bevoelkerung/bevoelkerungsstruktur/bevoelkerung_nach_staatsangehoerigkeit_geburtsland/023841.html

    There are more German immigrants in Austria total, but Turks are the largest minority in Vienna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I accept! Now to work on funding the adventure...

    ReplyDelete