Friday, May 20, 2011

First Week of Training English

I just finished my first full week as an English trainer. I taught a class on Monday at Berlitz, then classes on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at Inlingua, as well as a private student Monday afternoon and a volunteer tutoring session on Wednesday afternoon. The teaching has already gotten easier, for example today, it only took about 45 minutes to prepare for my 2 hours and 15 minute class. Then next week, I've got the same Inlingua class on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, plus two private lessons on Tuesday and Wednesday at the same school.

My soccer team is one game away from winning our league, which I explained last week is an amazing accomplishment. However, as soon as we win this weekend and celebrate being champions, I'll switch my thoughts to St. Paul FC. During the summer, I'll do a short loan move to the USA where we'll also hopefully be fighting for a league championship. Currently St. Paul FC is in first place in the Minnesota Amateur Soccer League Division 4. Personally, (very selfish, I know) I hope they don't have the title wrapped up before I arrive, because I'd like to feel partly responsible for their winning, but we'll see what happens. I'd much rather have them have first place guaranteed before I arrive, than get second or third. I won't even contemplate less than that.

I mentioned on facebook that Marlene and have concrete plans to return to the USA this summer, but I don't think I ever gave any details here. We'll be flying to London on July 8 and staying for 2 days, hotel/hostel is yet to be booked. I plan on finding one this weekend. After 2 days in London we'll fly to Minneapolis through Gander, Canada, which is quite strange. We only have a 35 minute layover which you may think is not enough time to run through the airport to another gate. Well, you're right! Luckily, we don't have to. We're only stopping there to re-fuel so we won't be switching planes at all! Hopefully we'll at least be able to exit and stretch our legs a bit, but who knows.

Finally, you may have noticed I added a number of new bands to my current music section. Just look up and to the right if you're reading this. The Cars are obviously an old band but just released a new album which rocks, especially the song "Blue Tip". If anyone was able to get tickets to see them at First Avenue this week then I'm super jealous. The Strokes put out their first new album in 5 years and I love it. They were the indie rock to catch my attention back when I was sixteen so they'll always hold a special place in my heart. The other two, Yeasayer and Wiz Khalifa, just check 'em out, I don't have anything special to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment