Monday, December 13, 2010

1 Week Into My New Job

Exactly one week ago I had a job interview in the morning at cSt Causa, a small tax accountancy firm, as an IT Administrator. At the end of a relatively short interview, the boss offered me a job on the spot and asked me to come back that afternoon to start following around the current IT guy. So today I'm celebrating both the one week anniversary of my successful interview and my one week anniversary on the job!

The IT administrating portion of the job is only part-time so that's all I'm working at the moment, but I'll have the opportunity to make the position full-time if I take on more responsibilities like administrative assistance, marketing, helping tutor English, and helping translate documents/their website into English. Hopefully, I'll be able to take on these additional challenges, but as of right now I'm still learning my way around and getting to know my colleagues. The office is in Vienna's inner city and the dress code is more formal than anywhere else I've worked so it's fun because both of these make me feel important somehow. It's hard to say if dressing up every day might get old after a while though. We'll see!

2 comments: